Thursday, June 28, 2012

Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour and Long Lash Mascara

Hello Ladies! :) It's Wednesday (hump day) and two more shifts to go 'til weekend :)

I had a fabulous weekend last week as I spent it with one of my closest friends and my youngest son's birthday. Too sad that she'll be leaving and going back to US :( I'll miss you Gina! <3

Gina and I went on make-up shopping at Shangri-La Mall. The original plan was just to "look around" and not buy any make-up but the plan went out of the window when we ended up in Laura Mercier's counter XD. When I decided to buy "only one" piece of make up, I ended up buying two! good grief!!! :D

Let's start with the  Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour, I got the Sapphire shade. Based on Laura Mercier's website:

"Inspired by Laura Mercier's cult classic Caviar Eye Liner, Caviar Stick Eye Colour offers a new technique to enhance the smoky eye look. In a range of eight beautiful shades, this creamy formula provides endless options for a flawless smoky eye. Each convenient stick is long-wearing, transfer- and crease-resistant. The colour glides onto lids and blends easily with a rich colour payoff."

These babies are available in 10 shades (why does the website say 8?) for Php995 each. A little pricey but worth it! It has a creamy texture that is easy to apply and it does really stay in place.Gina had the sales attendant put it on her eyelids to test - she stayed up until 4am, slept with it on and woke up at 8am and baby I tell you that it's still in there! You can either apply it directly or use a brush for more precise application but you have to be fast in blending it because it dries up after a minute or two. If it dries up, it'll be a challenge to blend.

Next if the Laura Mercier Long Lash Mascara in Bleu. Gina and I were about to finalize our purchase then we found this, Gina and I gasped out loud and it's pretty embarrassing :) We fell in love with it at first sight! the mascara is available in 3 shades for Php895 each. Laura Mercier's website describes this beauty as:

Long Lash Mascara extends and precisely separates the thinnest, shortest, hard-to-reach lashes by expertly scooping up and lengthening each lash while delivering just the right amount of product. The perfectly engineered brush, designed to meet Laura’s specifications, dramatically lengthens and defines lashes while enhancing the eyes. An innovative stretch formula lengthens, separates and curls each lash making lashes appear longer in just two strokes.

  • Long-wearing, water-resistant and smudge-proof
  • Contains rich dark pigments to enhance lash colour for maximum drama
  • Clump-free, fiber-free, paraben-free and ophthalmologist tested
  • Suitable for contact lens wearers
  • 0.37 oz./10.6g
What I love about it is it doesn't sting my eyes unlike other mascara's out there. I don't regularly use mascara but I get to use this one every frakkin day. It's easy to apply, doesn't clump and stay's in place too! The color is shocking blue when wet but it turns into dark royal blue when dry. As Laura Mercier said it, it's indeed "Long-wearing, water-resistant and smudge-proof"!


All in all, I am very satisfied with my Laura Mercier haul and would be saving up for their Creme de Pistache Body Butter -- the scent is heavenly yummy!










No comments:

Post a Comment